TVH Kids Lead Teacher
Full-time | TVH Kids | Location – Olathe, KS, 66022
As a lead teacher they are responsible for both long term and short term lesson plans based on the given curriculum of the specific day care. Lead teachers are responsible for the academic growth of the children as well as the social growth of the children in their care, this includes toddlers to preschool age children. Lead teachers are also responsible for assuring all compliance with codes of the State and local governing contracting agencies and works with all other staff members of TVH Kids Academy.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops weekly plans and implements age appropriate curriculum (ie Lesson Plans) to nurture and stimulate all domains of the children’s development in their care.
- Provides a classroom that is developmentally appropriate for the children’s learning and growth.
- On a daily basis; plan, evaluate and improve the environment in the classroom to build the child’s developing needs.
- Create developmental progress reports as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the parents/caregivers to ensure the best growth for their children
- Encourage parent participation within the classroom
- Completes child transitioning and an orientation of the classroom with the parents/caregivers
HOW TO SUCCEED
One year teaching experience in a license center or 7-9 credits in early childhood development with 3 months teaching experience in a licensed facility.
- KDHE observations hours
- Child Development Associate Credential
- Early Child Development knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of state requirements for center programs
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills to maintain an overall positive and professional attitude
- Effectively be able to plan, organize and implement educational activities within the classroom
- Must be able to manage and maintain confidential information
- Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well being
- Certificate in first aid and CPR
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters. Our comprehensive package offers standard benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, plus unique benefits such as our onsite health clinic and our incredible dollar for dollar 401(k) match up to 6%. At our HQ, there’s an on-site preschool, restaurant and where you can get active or enjoy our regular team get-togethers.
We also offer:
- Hybrid work schedule
- Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
- Easily accessible office location (lease your e-bike through TVH!)
- On-site restaurant, café, pre-school, fitness/social area, employee gardens and more.
- Sports facilities and lunch breaks in TVH Park, the company’s green zone.
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a global one stop shop for spare parts and accessories for forklift trucks, industrial equipment, and agricultural machinery.
Our 4600 colleagues are the strength, heart and soul of TVH. We are a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued, and innovation takes center stage.
Family person / Explorer / Helping hand
I like to help people. Both in my personal life and my job. In HR we stand by both the company and our employees because we are one.
What I like most about TVH is the fact that we work together happily and communicate openly. And I get to do what I know best and still learn new things.