Product Research Development
Full-time | Materials | Location – Olathe, KS, 66022
Research, develop and source products for an assigned commodity group. Leverage market intelligence to identify suppliers and source parts, negotiate with suppliers and identify cost savings opportunities. Establish and maintain strong business relationships as the main point of contact with key strategic suppliers to ensure best pricing, quality and service.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine customer/market requirements through research, customer discussion, and review of parts usage reports and apply information to product sourcing and supplier identification
- Research market intelligence and competitor offerings on assigned commodity groups, remain current on all products available or forthcoming to the market and proactively source existing and new parts and identify appropriate suppliers
- Gather detailed cost elements and work with current pricing information to negotiate with suppliers on quality requirements, prices, payment terms, lead times/delivery, freight payment terms and any other fiscal benefits
- Identify discontinued parts, source for replacements and ensure customer notifications of parts changes
- Source and recommend new product additions for expansion of current product lines
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy entering current product information into the ERP
HOW TO SUCCEED
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years work experience in product sourcing, research and development
- Demonstrates effective supplier negotiation skills with success in achieving pricing, quality and service targets
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of supply chain and sourcing concepts and systems
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of assigned commodity groups and associated markets
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters. Our comprehensive package offers standard benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, plus unique benefits such as our onsite health clinic and our incredible dollar for dollar 401(k) match up to 6%. At our HQ, there’s an on-site preschool, restaurant and where you can get active or enjoy our regular team get-togethers.
We also offer:
- Hybrid work schedule
- Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
- On-site restaurant, café, pre-school, fitness/social area, employee gardens and more.
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a global one stop shop for spare parts and accessories for forklift trucks, industrial equipment, and agricultural machinery.
Our 4600 colleagues are the strength, heart and soul of TVH. We are a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued, and innovation takes center stage.
Father / Basketball Player and Coach / Golfer / Product Development
I love the trust, the people and the culture at TVH. We are all on the same mission and we help each other get there. And everyone’s opinion matters in this story. The people really make the difference over here.
GAMER / HIKER / HELPING FRIEND
I always try to be optimistic. A positive attitude makes all the difference. In my role I liaise a lot with colleagues from sales to warehouse and all in-between. Being able to help them is why I love my job.