TVH is seeking a knowledgeable and passionate CAD Designer I to join our team in Olathe, KS. In this role you will perform departmental support functions, revise existing drawings, and create new drawings under the direction of engineer(s) or other more senior members of the Engineering Department.
Reverse engineer products:
- Determine dimensions of sample OEM parts using calipers, radius gages, micrometers, optical comparator, coordinate measuring machine (CMM) or other measuring tools.
- Determine hardness using cutting or abrasive tools, Rockwell tester or similar indent-testing apparatus.
- Create CAD drawings. Drawings are expected to be accurate and follow ANSI drawing standards as much as possible. These drawings are proofread by senior engineering staff members.
- Scan and reverse Engineer parts with 3D Scanner
- A CAD Designer I will have the ability to design, prepare assembly drawings, and detail drawings of any components or products listed in the Engineering Drawing Queue.
Engineering Department Support:
- Update Engineering database, including entering new Drawing Requests.
- Create and retrieve OEM and TVH production samples.
- Revise existing technical drawings or Bills of Material, which may include researching problems reported by DCN form or customer.
- File, copy and distribute drawings.
- Create Parts Lists and Bills of Material.
- Able to meet project schedules and goals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform prototype assembly tasks, investigate manufacturing or QA problems as requested.
- Render technical opinions if asked or if management would benefit from expertise offered
- Prepare monthly reports of projects and drawings in process or completed
- Develop a working relationship with all other departments, particularly Quality Assurance and all phases of the warehouse
- Follow company accounting policies
- Professionally communicate and Interact with personnel in all departments
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High school diploma (or GED), and two (2) years college / vocational / technical school Drafting training or equivalent drafting experience.
- CAD experience or certified training required. Solid Edge, or other 3D CAD experience preferred.
- Experience in the use of precision measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators) is preferred
- PC literacy, Microsoft Office suite and Access database experience preferred.
Why you’ll love TVH
Purpose Driven: TVH is a purpose driven organization, we Keep You Going and Growing.
Career Advancement: We have job levels and career paths established for all our warehouse positions and TVH is committed to filing a minimum 33% of our open positions each year with internal candidates.
Benefits: In addition to our onsite preschool & free Health Clinic, we offer 5 BCBS medical plans to choose from, Vision, Dental, Company paid Short & Long Term Disability & Basic Life Insurance, a 401(k) plan with a 6% company match, employee discounts and more.
Employee Centered: TVH also offers a variety of employee centered benefits as part of our wellness programming including an onsite gym, chiropractor, masseuse, as well as educational and recreational programs throughout the year.
TVH is a dynamic, successful international company with a clear vision on customer & employee centricity. We are passionate about fostering a challenging & rewarding environment for our employees which promotes teamwork, growth & development, creativity and initiative. Visit our careers page to learn more about the unique benefits offered by TVH, and take our virtual tour.
Start the Conversation
Apply Now! TVH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We look to create an inclusive environment that challenges, inspires, rewards and transforms our team to be the best of the best.