Full-time | Traffic| Location – Olathe, KS, 66022
TVH is seeking a knowledgeable Import Specialist to ensure regulatory compliance for international shipments in accordance with customs regulations.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be trained in the import regulations to ensure TVH complies with regulatory laws for International Shipments
- Resolve discrepancies with import entries with customs and TVH customs broker
- Identify tariff classification of products for purposes of import clearance and working with TVH Belgium to manage the HTS code within the materials database, as needed
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to broker requests and provide custom clearance instructions for imports
- Ensure shipments have minimal delays clearing customs and meet all regulatory requirements
- Conduct and maintain Import Reconciliation and ACE Reports
- Responsible for retrieving and analyzing necessary import data for Duty Drawback claims
- Work with Compliance Manager to develop and implement TVH Import Compliance Program
- Respond to CF 29/ 28’s Notice of Action that may be received from Customs
HOW TO SUCCEED
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, and regulations
- Proficient working knowledge and ability use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrates effective organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to recommend solutions while ensuring compliance with Customs regulations, rules, and policies
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, challenging environment where managing multiple tasks is routine
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters. Our comprehensive package offers standard benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, plus unique benefits such as our onsite health clinic and our incredible dollar for dollar 401(k) match up to 6%. At our HQ, there’s an on-site preschool, restaurant and where you can get active or enjoy our regular team get-togethers.
We also offer:
- Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
- On-site restaurant, café, pre-school, fitness/social area, employee gardens and more.
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a global one stop shop for spare parts and accessories for forklift trucks, industrial equipment, and agricultural machinery.
Our 4600 colleagues are the strength, heart and soul of TVH. We are a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued, and innovation takes center stage.
Contact Abbie Upshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
> APPLY NOW!
Loving mom / Creative mind / Goal Seeker / Receiver
Friends would probably describe me as loving, caring and witty. But also as determined. I have a personal goal every day. And whatever goal I set, I make it. Even when I run into challenges.
TVH really helped me grow as a person, as far as wanting more for myself. And thanks to daycare, my little girl is always nearby. That means a lot to me.