Your role and responsibilities
About this role:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to strengthen our Business Intelligence team.
Our team consists of 25 people, mainly located in Belgium but we have some colleagues in the US and Poland too. We are organised in 4 different squads to be able to support our rapidly growing business stakeholders in providing them valuable insights and meeting the business objectives with appropriate data analysis techniques.
In this position, you will work in a highly collaborative team to devise solutions to business challenges, bringing your skills and ideas into every discussion.
Having a clear insight about business performance is key to our success. Are you the problem solver who loves to build data sets useful for others and eager to determine what our business can gain from data? You may be the one we are looking for.
What you’ll do:
- Independently build, test and document robust and fault-tolerant data transfer systems that enable to transform and clean data from multiple data sources and load these data into a well-documented data store that meets the needs of the (internal) customer.
- Provide technical advice to improve stability and quality as well as implement the agreed systems in an independent way.
- Create a technical data design that meets the business requirements for reporting and analysis and detect the tools and components needed to achieve the result in order to estimate feasibility and complexity.
- Build data transformation systems in order to have an accurate and productive ELT system. Create processes for extracting, loading and transforming the data into a clean and well-documented data repository.
- Analyse data from the different source systems and detect table or data relations in the different source systems in order to make the data available for the information flow.
- Create testing systems and quality measure systems in cooperation with the Software quality and testing team in order to have a stable system. Build rules on the data processes and warning systems to achieve high quality data
- Set up data pipelines to ingest data from our transactional databases and applications
- Transform the data from the transactional systems into a new data model that will feed several downstream applications. Having those data transformations orchestrated, operated at a fast pace by mastering a combination of best-in-class tools
- Keeping oneself continuously informed of the evolutions and developments in the field of business reporting and related knowledge domains, in order to strengthen his/her credibility by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge.
- You help communicate the challenges and opportunities connected with your role both inside and outside your product team and strive to show how data is helping the team fulfil the product vision.
- You lead the creation of data sets and make sure they can be efficiently worked with in a modern cloud based environment.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- GCP Data engineering certifications are a plus
- Project experience in a cloud-based environment and cloud native technologies
- Thorough general knowledge of data modelling and data transferring
- Proficiency in Database SQL query development and Python
- Proven experience in estimating work and breaking down implementations into tangible modules.
- You believe that documentation is as important as code
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
What's in it for you?
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters.
We also offer:
• Hybrid work schedule
• Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
• Easily accessible office location (lease your e-bike through TVH!)
• On-site restaurant, social area, employee gardens and more.
• Sports facilities and lunch breaks in TVH Park, the company’s green zone.
People are at our heart
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a parts specialist for quality parts and accessories for material handling, industrial vehicles, and construction and agricultural equipment. Working at TVH is opting for a company that excels as an international market leader and is well-known for its unstoppable craving for innovation.
But don’t just take our word for it
Family man / Kendoka / Foodie / Data domain expert
Every new project brings new challenges, learnings and opportunities to grow. That fits in with my general curiosity. I want to know all about discoveries, inventions and technology for example. And learning new languages helps me to connect with people across cultures throughout TVH.