Your role and responsibilities
Be a frontrunner in building a solid Data Foundation that will help TVH in taking the next step in becoming a digital, data driven company. As a Data Architect you will lead and drive the creation of the data architecture and data modeling standards within a new application landscape at TVH. By designing the best fit data architecture that supports the TVH business vision you also coordinate, guide and advise on the implementation road map.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an enterprise data architecture framework that can be used as guidance for the different (master) data domains, having a good end-to-end view on the data flows on a global level.
- Create new data models and flows to meet requirements from the different end-to-end streams, based on our enterprise data architecture framework .
- Transform as-is data models and flows into new and improved models based on requirements defined by different end-to-end global process owners, in line with our framework. Ensure continuous improvement after installment of new/improved models.
- Support in technology solution selection and lead the set-up and implementation of Data management platforms (eg. Data catalogs, DQ tools, MDM Hub,…) in order to gain a firm grip on the data models and flows.
- Enable effective data and analytics governance: Suggest who can take which actions with which information, and under which circumstances. Assist data and analytics leaders, business and IT leadership in developing information governance processes and structures.
- Decide on Data & Analytics strategy in line with the data management strategy: You will partner with business & IT leadership and provide strategic recommendations to maximize the value of information assets within their lifecycle.
- Manage risk: you aid in the definition of data classifications and data zoning to allow information assets to be immediately identified and proactively managed as more information becomes federated in a digital economy.
- Be part of the TVH Architecture Board to secure a solid IT and Data foundation that’s being created by phasing out legacy applications and implementing the brand new target architecture
- Leading in creating more data awareness, ensures that data is addressed within the change processes of IT and Business
- Coordinate and advise key stakeholders on data modeling standards
- Desired education level: Master degree (computer science, commercial engineering or related field) or equivalent by experience
- Desired years of experience: minimum 6 years of relevant experience in business & data architecture
- The ability to translate conceptual use cases to practical solutions
- Experience with designing and defining roadmaps on strategical, tactical and operational level, with a clear long-term (“bigger picture”) end in mind.
- Experience with working in medium to large global organizations, driving key implementation/transformation data projects
- Experience with TOGAF and DAMA DMBOK is considered an added value
- Experience with managing outsourcing partners is a big plus
- Excellent collaboration skills & able to engage with multiple business, technical stakeholders (both internal and external) and senior management
- Excellent communication-, people- & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and make critical decisions
- Unbiased towards specific technologies or vendors
What's in it for you?
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters.
We also offer:
• Hybrid work schedule
• Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
• Easily accessible office location (lease your e-bike through TVH!)
• On-site restaurant, social area, employee gardens and more.
• Sports facilities and lunch breaks in TVH Park, the company’s green zone.
People are at our heart
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a parts specialist for quality parts and accessories for material handling, industrial vehicles, and construction and agricultural equipment. Working at TVH is opting for a company that excels as an international market leader and is well-known for its unstoppable craving for innovation.
But don’t just take our word for it
Family man / Kendoka / Foodie / Data domain expert
Every new project brings new challenges, learnings and opportunities to grow. That fits in with my general curiosity. I want to know all about discoveries, inventions and technology for example. And learning new languages helps me to connect with people across cultures throughout TVH.