As Business Improvement Manager of the CXO department you act as a driving force in the transformation of the department leading both the Project, Process and Change Management side of selective CXO projects and processes.
You are responsible for driving efficiency, further professionalizing and bringing global best practices, synergies and cost efficiencies across the different CXO teams.
You will play a staff and DPO role to follow up the CXO growth projects, report out on the balanced scorecard, work on projects defined in the strategic drivers and accelerate the globalization of the (corporate) marketing/digital team.
Your responsibilities are among others:
- Defining the scope and analyzing the impact of the projects in order to gain a clear idea of the needs and goals to achieve;
- Creating and following up on the project and program planning by leading the projects through the different phases;
- Defining the sponsorship model and change management and ensuring that the affected business stakeholders are involved in the project;
- Managing internal and external project members working on the CX portfolio projects;
- Ensuring the effective coordination of the program’s projects and management of their interdependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising;
- Identifying improvements and efficiencies based on “as is” documentation and defining “to be” processes, policies and workflows in close collaboration with internal stakeholders;
- Master degree or equivalent by experience;
- +5 years of experience as project leader combined with business experience in commercial department;
- Initiator with perseverance and a flexible approach;
- Experience in project and change management and toolings ( eg Jira);
- Knowledge of core commercial processes and KPI / BSC tracking;
- Proven record of showing initiative and being self-motivated;
- Experience with process mapping and RACI models;
- General basic knowledge of software development process and IT Infrastructure environments;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt your style depending on the situation.
This is working at TVH:
- A competitive salary with benefits such as meal vouchers, a company car and insurance.
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance.
- 20 paid vacation days and 12 WTR days.
- An easily accessible work location, no traffic congestion.
- Lots of support and an encouraging team of co-workers.
- An infectious ‘We Are One’ can-do mentality.
- A people-centric culture where your fitness and mental well-being matter.
- Healthy lunches and weekly fruit days.
- Lunch breaks and sports facilities in TVH Park, the company’s green zone.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house and external training courses.
- Fun afterworks and other optional events (e.g. TVH Kaffee).