Purpose: Performs and completes basic essential functions with a focus on understanding and meeting productivity and accuracy goals within the Inbound department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Performs tasks of basic scope in the areas of packaging, bagging, and connectors including:
- Packaging: Pack shipments to protect product and label product for accurate identification, including assembling and packaging product adhering to quality requirements.
- Bagging/hand bagging: Performs all bagging and hand bagging functions including running automated bagging machine and making adjustments to maintain quality and increase productivity
- Meets or exceeds productivity and accuracy goals
- Foam machine: Foams specific items based upon packaging code.
- Tape machine; Uses tape machine as part of packaging process.
- Utilizes data collection devices such as RF scanners
- Interacts effectively and positively with fellow co-workers in a professional manner.
- Performs tasks to maintain housekeeping and overall cleanliness of facility.
- Participates in team meetings and monthly one-on-one sessions.
- Works mandatory and/or voluntary overtime as required
- Understands productivity and accuracy goals and works toward daily goal achievement
- Learns how to identify, research and resolve issues of basic scope
- Documents work in an organized manner including orders packed and received
- Learns and understands established distribution center processes, concepts and systems
- Accepts and acts on feedback from leadership
- Works collaboratively in a team environment to achieve balanced scorecard objectives
- Communicates status of work clearly to Lead or Supervisor.
- Adheres to attendance policy, maintaining an acceptable attendance record.
- Learns, understands and adheres to safety policies, procedures and guidelines including maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Applies TVH’s Mission, Vision, and Values and exhibits enthusiasm for and a desire to see TVH succeed
Other Duties and Responsibilities: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge and Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma, GED or 1 year of relevant work experience
Experience & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to match part numbers and enter data within systems
- Basic proficiency in navigating the Internet and/or computer systems to locate information
- Willingness to learn, understand and master distribution center functions
- Ability to learn how to use LINK, a Windows based business operations system
- Desire to take on new challenges with a self-starter attitude and philosophy
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team oriented and possess a positive attitude
Loving mom / Creative mind / Goal Seeker / Receiver
Friends would probably describe me as loving, caring and witty. But also as determined. I have a personal goal every day. And whatever goal I set, I make it. Even when I run into challenges.
TVH really helped me grow as a person, as far as wanting more for myself. And thanks to daycare, my little girl is always nearby. That means a lot to me.