Your role and responsinilities
TVH is seeking a Sustainability Director to join our team in Waregem, BE. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the TVH sustainability strategy worldwide. In this process you will act as a bridge-builder and liaison towards different internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and lead the company's sustainability strategy together with the corporate strategy team. Setting short-term and long-term goals aligned with stakeholder expectations, global best practices and industry trends.
- Ensure proposed actions to be socially and environmentally sustainable and comply with internationally recognized best practices. Develop and implement reporting on the Sustainability strategy. Measure the sustainability impact of an investment, professional operation, or environmental initiative before they are put into effect for the organization.
- Collaborate with senior management to embed sustainability principles into the company's overall business strategy.
- Establish effective communication channels to engage with internal and external stakeholders, including employees, customers, investors, regulatory bodies, and sustainability organizations.
- Work together with external & internal stakeholders (such as Finance, HR, …) in preparing and publishing regulatory and rating sustainability reports, ensuring accurate and transparent reporting on the company's progress towards sustainability goals.
- Stay up to date with relevant legislation, regulations, peers and industry trends related to sustainability, and ensure compliance throughout the organization.
- Apply knowledge of business and the broader ecosystem to advance the organization's goals. For example, maintains ample, up-to-date business and industry knowledge in order to make sound decisions for the organization.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and improvement in sustainability practices
- Master’s degree, with minimum of 10 years’ experience;
- At minimum a proven affinity with sustainability issues, but a relevant additional qualification or equivalent professional experience is clearly an asset;
- Relevant experience in sustainability and/ or corporate strategy setting;
- Strong experience with project or program management;
- Proven stakeholder management skills;
- A born influencer from a non-hierarchical position with the ability to build up a good network;
- Exceptional communication skills to ensure inspiration to others.
- Ability to work autonomously: develop own vision, day-to-day organization and being self-critical;
- Open minded towards input from different perspectives within the organization.
- Language: Fluent in English (Written and Verbal)
What's in it for you
- An exciting position in an international company with a family atmosphere where people are at the center.
- You are part of a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued.
- You arrive in an innovative, progressive and technical environment.
- Numerous opportunities for personal development, among other things through permanent guidance and professional (internal/external) training courses.
- A flexible work arrangement with attention for a good balance between work and private life.
- An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits such as a company car, group and hospitalization insurance, luncheon vouchers, corporate restaurant ...
People are at our heart
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a parts specialist for quality parts and accessories for material handling, industrial vehicles, and construction and agricultural equipment. Working at TVH is opting for a company that excels as an international market leader and is well-known for its unstoppable craving for innovation.