Market Research Specialist
Full-time | Technical Services | Location – Olathe, KS or Grayslake, IL
Responsible for market research for a specific segment(s) of the market, determine common makes and models of equipment, identify key items to source or programs to add to companies offering, company training on the segment(s) and identify competitors within the segment(s) that lead to the company’s plans and needs in order to achieve growth and maximum profit.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct in-depth market, industry and competitive research and analysis in both domestic and international market to identify market trends and opportunities.
- Determine customer/market needs and wants through research, discussions with customers and/or suppliers, and review of various parts usage reports.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product offering to offerings of competitors, monitoring competitor’s new product offerings and sell prices, and keeping current on all products available or forthcoming to the market within your segment(s).
- Work with PRD and Materials department to determine the necessity of a training schedule for Sales and/or Marketing on new product offering
- Work with Materials department to determine the necessity for Sales and/or Marketing to develop Literature, Catalog, Quick Reference Guides or any promotional material for new products
- Do market research within your business segment(s) to determine most popular makes and models of equipment and create RSPL (recommended spare parts list) and HOT parts lists to pass to PRD department for development
- Research opportunities within your segment(s) to add new programs from our existing supplier base as well as new supplier base. This will be passed to Materials to further research and set up these program
HOW TO SUCCEED
- Three years’ experience in the Market segment(s) or two years purchasing experience or two years research and development experience within the Market segment(s)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, peers, and customers.
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a global one stop shop for spare parts and accessories for forklift trucks, industrial equipment, and agricultural machinery.
Our 4600 colleagues are the strength, heart and soul of TVH. We are a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued, and innovation takes center stage.
Father / Basketball Player and Coach / Golfer / Product Development
I love the trust, the people and the culture at TVH. We are all on the same mission and we help each other get there. And everyone’s opinion matters in this story. The people really make the difference over here.
GAMER / HIKER / HELPING FRIEND
I always try to be optimistic. A positive attitude makes all the difference. In my role I liaise a lot with colleagues from sales to warehouse and all in-between. Being able to help them is why I love my job.