We are looking for an experienced and motivated Global Director Product Engineering to join our global product and procurement leadership team. In this role you will lead and coach the engineering teams within Product & procurement while building a strong community around our different engineering competencies and teams across other functions.
You will be responsible for maintaining and growing our technical knowledge base, leveraging this knowledge globally and further expanding our engineering competencies based on understanding of technological evolution in our equipment markets. In this role you will be able to build required processes to develop and re-develop our product range while further strengthening our inhouse engineering capabilities and guaranteeing strong governance over captured intellectual property.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage a global team of engineers responsible for engineering services, design activities, reverse engineering, make or buy decisions and product lifecycle management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including manufacturing, product & procurement teams, … to ensure product development meets market needs and is aligned with company goals
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industrial markets we serve and our customers' needs
- Implement best practices in product design, engineering, and development processes to ensure high-quality, cost-effective solutions
- Drive innovation and creativity in product development, leveraging new technologies and leverage our technical knowledge base across functions and teams as a strong community.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators related to product development, including time-to-market, product quality, and customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage budgets, timelines, and resources for product development projects
- Mentor and coach the product engineering team, promoting a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement
HOW TO SUCCEED / YOUR PROFILE
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related Engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in product engineering, with a track record of successes in leading and managing engineering teams.
- Experience in the industrial markets, preferably in spare parts or equipment maintenance
- Proven track record of developing and launching successful products
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Demonstrated experience in implementing best practices in product design, engineering, and development processes
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical problems and develop innovative solutions
- Experience managing budgets, timelines, and resources for product development projects
- Willingness to travel as needed.
If you have a passion for engineering and product development, and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to lead a talented team of engineers in a dynamic and growing company, we encourage you to apply for this position.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- An exciting role in a fast growing international company with a people-centric company culture.
- The chance to become part of a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued.
- Numerous opportunities for personal development, amongst others through guidance, access to Linkedin Learning and many training courses.
- Flexible working hours with attention to a healthy work-life balance and with the possibility to work from home.
- An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits such as a company car, meal vouchers, bonus, insurances, corporate restaurant and with 20 paid holidays and 12 working time reduction days.
- Lunch breaks and sports facilities in the TVH Park (the company’s) green zone.
- Fun after-works and other optional events (e.g. TVH Kaffee).
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a parts specialist for quality parts and accessories for material handling, industrial vehicles, and construction and
agricultural equipment. Working at TVH is opting for a company that excels as an international market leader and is well-
known for its unstoppable craving for innovation.
This vacancy runs in exclusive coöperation with the agency Schelstraete. Applications may be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Father / Basketball Player and Coach / Golfer / Product Development
I love the trust, the people and the culture at TVH. We are all on the same mission and we help each other get there. And everyone’s opinion matters in this story. The people really make the difference over here.
GAMER / HIKER / HELPING FRIEND
I always try to be optimistic. A positive attitude makes all the difference. In my role I liaise a lot with colleagues from sales to warehouse and all in-between. Being able to help them is why I love my job.