We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our UK office. In this role you will be responsible for our local finance team and the end responsible for all finance operations in the country and possibly a wider region. You will participate in several transformation projects like the implementation of a new ERP system. You act as a true business partner to our regional director and report to our Finance Director Europe Middle East and Africa, based in Belgium.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guiding, steering & consulting with the Regional Director on all business and strategic aspects of the country / region
- Responsibility for the day-to-day organization of the activities of the members of the team so that the agreed planning is observed.
- Supporting and following up the internal employees during the execution of their assignment, as well as actively participating yourself if necessary, in order to guarantee the progress of accounting payment processes
- Coaching and developing the employees in order to develop and make optimal use of their competences, skills and knowledge and to operate as a well-functioning team
- Performing complex accounting activities and assisting the Finance Director and HQ in order to be able to guarantee a correct accounting that is on time and in accordance with the law
- Being the first point of contact for all local financial matters, also those more broadly related to finance such as insurance, investments, compliance, reporting & controlling
- Coordinating the day-to-day contact as well as managing the long-term relationship with external suppliers such as the auditor, banks, government institutions, customers and tax consultants in order to make sure that the company complies with the rules and regulations and that the external party can deliver the requested reports / outputs
- Performing the financial part of the HR function in order to make sure all wages are paid correctly, commissions are calculated correctly and taxes due are paid on time.
- Making sure all staff files are correctly archived and payroll accounting is performed on time and in accordance with the law.
- Thinking along about and taking actions in the field of improvement of the processes and the day-to-day operation of the team in order to always adjust the organization to the modifying circumstances in an optimal way. Actively perform and establish continuous improvement processes, best practice sharing and lessons learned analysis within your team, across the region and across the Finance function.
HOW TO SUCCEED / YOUR PROFILE
- Desired education level: Bachelor or Master (Accountancy & Tax system, Applied Economics, accounting, finance or comparable).
- Thorough financial, controlling, accounting and tax knowledge
- Fluent in English
- Desired years of experience: minimum 7 years of relevant experience (accounting firm or equivalent function) of which at least 3 years in a leadership function.
- Recognised as ACCA, CIMA, CPA or comparable accounting certification is a plus
- Prior knowledge of Intrastat and accounting programs is a plus
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
You will become part of a people-oriented company where your well-being really matters. Flexible working hours, work from home possibilities, ...
Furthermore, we also offer:
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits.
- An exciting position in an international company with a family atmosphere where people are at the center.
- You are part of a dynamic digital entrepreneurial team that is fast-growing and at the center of the transformation.
- You arrive in an innovative, progressive and technological environment.
- Numerous opportunities for personal development, among other things through permanent guidance and professional (internal/external) training courses.
- Fun afterworks and other optional events (e.g. TVH Kaffee)
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a parts specialist for quality parts and accessories for material handling, industrial vehicles, and construction and agricultural equipment. Working at TVH is opting for a company that excels as an international market leader and is well-known for its unstoppable craving for innovation.