Full-time | Sales - Sales Operations | Location – Olathe, KS
Delivers technical instruction, troubleshooting basics and repair theory for industrial equipment to customers and employees.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and delivers dynamic, interactive instructor led training focused on technical instruction, troubleshooting basics, and repair theory for industrial equipment to customers and employees
- Prepares instructional materials, instruction manuals, handouts, visual aids, and hands on demonstrations for items such as engine test stands or cross section cutaways to ensure a participatory, interactive learning environment
- Prepares classroom for instruction including audio/video, training program equipment, product samples, and other equipment or materials as required
- Delivers training in a professional, engaging manner with a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter and content
- Ensures a positive learning experience for participants through providing a forum for verbal discussion and hands on demonstrations
- Researches technical manuals and electronic media, attends system specific training and contact manufacture representatives to develop knowledge and incorporate relevant information into course materials
- Works with subject matter experts and other departments (TSS, Marketing, Sales, Materials, Maintenance) and other resources to develop and prepare new training programs, resources, and materials
- Utilizes a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness
- Leverages technology to deliver training via PowerPoint and other relevant technologies
- Partners with management to meet customer learning and development objectives
- Researches and recommends opportunities for improving existing programs and developing additional training programs/courses
- Travels to various TVH Americas sites to conduct and deliver training for Americas employees and customers up to 50% of the time.
- Schedules travel plans including airfare, lodging, and car rental as needed
- Properly prepare and submit expense reports in accordance with corporate travel guidelines
HOW TO SUCCEED
- Travel up to 50% is required
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years industrial or automotive equipment repair experience
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience training and/or sharing industrial or automotive equipment repair knowledge with others
- Demonstrates effective research and analytical skills
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience and track record in collaborating with departments across the organization to develop knowledge, share information, and collect information to be used in course materials
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with using Google email and calendar resources
- Intermediate proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office Professional
- Demonstrates proficient and effective presentation skills
- Ability to encourage and solicit participation and interaction during presentations
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be team oriented, possess a positive attitude and collaborate effectively with others to achieve goals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters. Our comprehensive package offers standard benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, plus unique benefits such as our onsite health clinic and our incredible dollar for dollar 401(k) match up to 6%. At our HQ, there’s an on-site preschool, restaurant and where you can get active or enjoy our regular team get-togethers.
We also offer:
- Hybrid work schedule
- Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a global one stop shop for spare parts and accessories for forklift trucks, industrial equipment, and agricultural machinery.
Our 4600 colleagues are the strength, heart and soul of TVH. We are a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued, and innovation takes center stage.
Father of 6 / Problem solver / Camping lover
These characteristics also help me in my job. I am always open to listen to the customers’ needs and am eager to take away their troubles and find solutions. I love the diversity that comes with it.
Rugby fanatic / Volunteer / Everybody's friend
I love to please customers. As a key account manager I look after some of our biggest customers. Together with the great people I get to work with of course.
I get along with people from all walks of life. Being friendly, outgoing and using a sense of humour works miracles.