Your role and responsibilities
TVH is seeking an AI Manager to join our team in Waregem, BE. As the AI Manager, you and your team will be responsible for delivering Data Science products (solutions and services) generating critical insights to drive business value by supporting the decision makers across different domains and business units of the company
- Business Requirements: You will work on the strategy and delivery of outcomes for the Data Science domain and will report directly to Analytics Director. Actively participate in Analytics portfolio planning and delivery. You will be responsible for building the Data Science capabilities in the company including the Data Science Platform and Framework.
- Responsibilities: You will be responsible for managing the team of Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Wranglers located in Belgium. Also, you will work very closely with Business, IT and Analytics stakeholders to identify data science use cases and prioritization based on the business needs and value. You will be responsible for the capacity planning of your Team, including the providing necessary guidance for adjusting the capacity based on the future demand.
- Knowledge: You will stay well-informed about the evolutions and developments related to Data Science, AI/ML, ML Ops and productionization analytical solutions. Keeping your knowledge up to date within the context of the evolutions. You will be responsible for training your team.
- Coaching: You will act as a coach for the Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Data Wranglers and in order to improve the quality and the efficiency of the Data Science Team. You are able to help the team on a technical level when necessary, and guide them on the best practices.
- Technical knowledge: Proficient ability in Univariate/Multivariate Statistics, Bayesian Statistics, or Simulation Modeling is preferred. Experience with dynamic linear models/state space models is of particular interest. Proven experience working in a coding language such as R, SQL, Python or similar language (Strong Phyton experience is a plus)
- Master's degree (or equivalent experience) in Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics or Data Science.
- +7 years of experience in Analytics embedded in Business organizations
- At least 5 years of excellent hands-on experience developing advance predictive models to solve business problems
- Have proven experience of handling large datasets and reporting automation, with proficient ability in data visualization techniques
- Experience in cloud-based agile and ML Ops (GCP and Vertex AI knowledge is a plus)
- Have proven experience of working in a matrix environment; achieving results through effective influencing and collaboration. Experience having worked in a global environment and with virtual team.
- Have experience to organize and lead several projects at the same time.
- Eager to learn new things and are open to the ever-changing needs of the new digital world
- Having past consultancy (either internal or external) experience, with proven track record in customer-facing role
- Language: Fluent in English (Written and Verbal)
What's in it for you?
- An exciting position in an international company with a family atmosphere where people are at the centre.
- You are part of a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued.
- You arrive in an innovative, progressive and technical environment.
- Numerous opportunities for personal development, among other things through permanent guidance and professional (internal/external) training courses.
- A flexible work arrangement with attention for a good balance between work and private life.
- An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits such as a company car, group and hospitalization insurance, luncheon vouchers, corporate restaurant ...
People are at our heart
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a parts specialist for quality parts and accessories for material handling, industrial vehicles, and construction and agricultural equipment. Working at TVH is opting for a company that excels as an international market leader and is well-known for its unstoppable craving for innovation.
But don’t just take our word for it
Family man / Kendoka / Foodie / Data domain expert
Every new project brings new challenges, learnings and opportunities to grow. That fits in with my general curiosity. I want to know all about discoveries, inventions and technology for example. And learning new languages helps me to connect with people across cultures throughout TVH.