Full-time | Manufacturing | Location – Greyslake, IL 60030
You will operate the appropriate welding equipment to weld mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision, efficiency and a high degree of quality. A welder must be competent in using specialized equipment following all safety precautions
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll deliver short and long-term projects that support the business strategy. This will involve:
• Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
• Set up components along with fixtures for MIG welding according to specifications
• Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamps
• Weld components and parts using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (table, turntable, fixture)
• Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
• Assists with the coordination and implementation of engineering any changes if necessary
• Engage as a team member in contributing to special projects (i.e. new product, prototypes, fixture preparation)
• Provides regular and proactive input to the associated function leaders in order to improve output and quality
HOW TO SUCCEED
We’re looking for someone who can come up with simple solutions to complex problems. To join us you need:
• One year Certificate from college or technical school; Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A minimum of 1 year of proven experience as a welder
• Experience using MIG welding equipment, principles and procedures
• Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings
• Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (welding helmet, gloves, jacket, etc.)
• Must possess a positive attitude and collaborate effectively with others to achieve productivity and quality standards
• Demonstrates effective troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters. Our comprehensive package offers standard benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, plus unique benefits such as our onsite health clinic and our incredible dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 6%.
We also offer:
• Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
• Health and Wellness program and on-site facilities, company commitment to sustainable growth
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a global one stop shop for spare parts and accessories for forklift trucks, industrial equipment, and agricultural machinery.
Our 4600 colleagues are the strength, heart and soul of TVH. We are a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued, and innovation takes center stage.