We are One. That’s the foundation of our company culture at TVH. We’re the worldwide leading supplier of quality replacement parts, safety equipment, and accessories for the material handling and industrial equipment industry.
We’re seeking a knowledgeable individual, attention to detail, Warehouse Supervisor to join our Operations Department team in Missisauga. As the Warehouse Supervisor for you’ll be responsible for coordinating and supervising all distribution activities in a manner that is consistent with company service and cost objectives.
- Ensures that product is picked, checked and shipped according to established standards and in accordance with current procedures.
- Ensures crewmembers have the appropriate equipment and tools necessary to perform their jobs.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Must maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow, assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Completes necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with training/certifying crewmembers on material handling equipment on an as needed basis.
- Conducts line meetings with crewmembers to discuss results of data analysis and corrective actions to be implemented.
- Participates in operations development and problem solving meetings as requested.
- Conducts performance reviews, counseling sessions and disciplinary actions.
- Reviews and approves time off requests and time sheets for put-away crewmembers.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas.
- Supports and enforces recommendations from management.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to assist in fostering and driving a team-based environment.
- May perform work of crewmembers as needed.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
Qualified candidates for this role will possess an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or a minimum ofTwo years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has a first level supervisory responsibility over employees within the department. Responsibilities to include training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Staffing responsibilities within the department, which includes hiring, and firing. Reports to Assistant Warehouse Manager.
Knowledge and Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
- accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loving mom / Creative mind / Goal Seeker / Receiver
Friends would probably describe me as loving, caring and witty. But also as determined. I have a personal goal every day. And whatever goal I set, I make it. Even when I run into challenges.
TVH really helped me grow as a person, as far as wanting more for myself. And thanks to daycare, my little girl is always nearby. That means a lot to me.