Provide supervision, training and coaching for domestic Inside Sales Representatives and Customer Support Specialists at our Grayslake location. Ensure continuous improvement of sales skills and knowledge with the goal of maintaining and growing sales with existing and new customers within the sales division. Support Sales management in implementing sales policies and procedures.
Supervise, lead, mentor, select, train, and evaluate domestic inside sales representatives and customer support specialists including
Management of staff overtime, ensuring appropriate staffing levels for meeting domestic sales goals and objectives
Ensure appropriate phone coverage to maintain a high level of customer service
Ensure achievement of sales goals through training, development, and knowledge sharing
Complete monitoring and inside sales representative customer phone calls and provide coaching to representatives based phone monitoring
Mentoring and development of staff for future leadership roles within TVH and other areas of the business
Ensure compliance with company and departmental policies and procedures and collaborate with Human Resources as needed
Actively participate and collaborate with Human Resources in talent acquisition, interviewing and training of team members
Sets the tone for the team, including ensuring positive team member engagement through conducting monthly 1:1 meetings with each team member, providing appropriate recognition, feedback and communication with team members
Determine customer requirements to increase domestic sales volume
Handle phone calls from unhappy customers including customer follow up calls regarding denied claims
Create and supervise an effective back-up plan among team to provide uninterrupted customer service and support when team members are out of the office
Continuously coach sales representatives in improving their sales skills and product knowledge verbally, and/or with formal product presentations and sales proposals
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years sales experience in the material handling or industrial equipment industry
- Must possess 3 years work experience with management of sales representatives and customer support specialists
- Demonstrated experience and ability to objectively manage and coach employees through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to navigate thru Google Suite necessary.
- Proven experience and demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in an effective, positive manner with managers and individual contributors in a team environment
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates proficient organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Demonstrates effective decision making and active listening skills
- Must be team oriented, possess a positive attitude and collaborate effectively with others to achieve goals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrates a proven track record in guiding team members to meet and exceed sales objectives
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically (10%)
Father of 6 / Problem solver / Camping lover
These characteristics also help me in my job. I am always open to listen to the customers’ needs and am eager to take away their troubles and find solutions. I love the diversity that comes with it.
Rugby fanatic / Volunteer / Everybody's friend
I love to please customers. As a key account manager I look after some of our biggest customers. Together with the great people I get to work with of course.
I get along with people from all walks of life. Being friendly, outgoing and using a sense of humour works miracles.