Full-time | Materials | Location – Olathe, KS, 66022
Purchase products for an assigned commodity group. Partner with Product Development Specialist to negotiate with suppliers and identify cost savings opportunities. Closely monitor inventory levels to ensure optimal customer service.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place, monitor, and maintain purchase orders with approved and preferred suppliers
- Work with Product Sourcing Specialist to negotiate with suppliers to agree upon quality requirements, prices, payment terms, lead times/delivery, freight payment terms and any other fiscal benefits
- Determine customer/market requirements through research, customer discussion, and review of parts usage reports and apply information to product sourcing and supplier identification
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy entering current product information into the ERP including product cost, order due date (if applicable), primary and alternate supplier, description, and minimum / maximum stock quantities information
- On a daily basis, review reorder signals and determine parts which need to be ordered, the appropriate quantities and scheduled due dates
- Review the daily receiving report to confirm delivery of parts and monitor disposition pending areas to ensure issues are resolved
- Closely monitor inventory levels and take action to ensure overall level is within company standards
HOW TO SUCCEED
Associate’s Degree or 2 years work experience performing substantially similar essential functions or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- In addition to educational requirement or equivalent combination above, must possess a minimum of 2 years work experience performing substantially similar essential functions
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years work experience in purchasing/planning
- Experience working with international suppliers (preferred)
- Prior experience with monitoring and maintaining inventory levels
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of supply chain and purchasing concepts and systems
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of assigned commodity groups and associated markets
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters. Our comprehensive package offers standard benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, plus unique benefits such as our onsite health clinic and our incredible dollar for dollar 401(k) match up to 6%. At our HQ, there’s an on-site preschool, restaurant and where you can get active or enjoy our regular team get-togethers.
We also offer:
- Hybrid work schedule
- Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
- On-site restaurant, café, pre-school, fitness/social area, employee gardens and more.
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a global one stop shop for spare parts and accessories for forklift trucks, industrial equipment, and agricultural machinery.
Our 4600 colleagues are the strength, heart and soul of TVH. We are a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued, and innovation takes center stage.
Father / Basketball Player and Coach / Golfer / Product Development
I love the trust, the people and the culture at TVH. We are all on the same mission and we help each other get there. And everyone’s opinion matters in this story. The people really make the difference over here.
GAMER / HIKER / HELPING FRIEND
I always try to be optimistic. A positive attitude makes all the difference. In my role I liaise a lot with colleagues from sales to warehouse and all in-between. Being able to help them is why I love my job.