The Associate CAD Designer performs departmental support functions, revises existing drawings or creates new drawings under the direction of engineer(s) or other more senior members of the Engineering Department.
Reverse engineer products:
- Determine dimensions of sample OEM parts using calipers, radius gauges, micrometers, optical comparator or other measuring tools.
- Determine hardness using cutting or abrasive tools, Rockwell tester or similar indent-testing apparatus.
- Create CAD drawings. Drawings are expected to be accurate and follow ANSI drawing standards as much as possible. These drawings are proofread by senior engineering staff members.
- An Associate CAD Designer will be expected to draw components or products from the Engineering Drawing Queue that will be assigned to them based on their developing level of expertise.
Engineering Department Support:
- Update Engineering database, including entering new Drawing Requests.
- Create and retrieve OEM and TVH production samples.
- Revise existing technical drawings or Bills of Material.
- File, copy and distribute drawings.
- Create Parts Lists and Bills of Material as necessary.
- Ability to meet project schedules and goals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly report of drawings in process or completed
- Develop a working relationship with all other departments, particularly Quality Assurance and all phases of the warehouse
- Follow company accounting policies
- Professionally communicate and Interact with personnel in all departments
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High school diploma (or GED), and two (2) years college / vocational / technical school Drafting training or equivalent drafting experience.
- Entry level position. No professional experience is necessary as long as the candidate possesses the required educational background.
- CAD experience or certified training required. Solid Edge, or other 3D CAD experience preferred.
- Experience in the use of precision measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators) is preferred
- PC literacy, Microsoft Office suite and Access database experience preferred.
Why you’ll love TVH
- Purpose Driven: TVH is a purpose driven organization, we Keep You Going and Growing.
- Career Advancement: We have job levels and career paths established for all our warehouse positions and TVH is committed to filing a minimum 33% of our open positions each year with internal candidates.
- Benefits: In addition to our onsite preschool & free Health Clinic, we offer 5 BCBS medical plans to choose from, Vision, Dental, Company paid Short & Long Term Disability & Basic Life Insurance, a 401(k) plan with a 6% company match, employee discounts and more.
- Employee Centered: TVH also offers a variety of employee centered benefits as part of our wellness programming including an onsite gym, chiropractor, masseuse, as well as educational and recreational programs throughout the year.
TVH is a dynamic, successful international company with a clear vision on customer & employee centricity. We are passionate about fostering a challenging & rewarding environment for our employees which promotes teamwork, growth & development, creativity and initiative. Visit our careers page to learn more about the unique benefits offered by TVH, and take our virtual tour.
Start the Conversation
Apply Now! TVH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We look to create an inclusive environment that challenges, inspires, rewards and transforms our team to be the best of the best.