Full-time | Logistics | Location – Olathe, KS, 66022
Provides direction, leadership and management for Olathe Distribution center including creation and execution of operational processes to meet business objectives and goals. Provides oversight and overall management for Outbound Operations, collaborating with leaders across the organization to meet distribution and customer expectations.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll deliver short and long-term projects that support the business strategy. This will involve:
• Provide direction and ensure execution of Outbound operational processes and plans designed to meet business targets
• Manages Outbound operations departments including, but not limited to:
• Picking, Checking, Put-Away and Overstock departments
• Ensures productivity and quality standards at met
• Partners with Inbound operations and other departmental leaders to resolve complex distribution• discrepancies and issues
• Selects, mentors, trains, and develops operations staff
• Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet business targets, including management of overtime
• Ensures safety and cleanliness in all areas of the distribution center
• Ensures implementation, maintenance and active use of systems, tools and equipment required to meet business objectives
• Work with TVH management team to ensure effective daily distribution operations including meeting distribution accuracy and timeline objectives
• Partner with Human Resources ub talent acquisition, talent management, talent development, and compensation activities
• Provide oversight and direction for business process documentation
• Identify, develop, maintain and report key metrics for measuring performance of distribution operations and ensure consistency and accuracy in metrics reported
HOW TO SUCCEED
We’re looking for someone who can come up with simple solutions to complex problems. To join us you need:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Business, Engineering or another applicable field OR a minimum of 6 years’ work experience performing a substantially similar role
• Must possess a minimum of 6 years work experience in distribution, performing a substantially similar role
• Must possess a minimum of 4 years work experience in supervising, selecting, coaching, mentoring and training staff
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the systems, equipment and tools used in the efficient flow and distribution of product
• Must possess experience and/or training with identifying, developing, and reporting operations/distribution related metrics
• Prior experience with cross functional collaboration across teams and locations
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to an engaged workforce
• Demonstrated experience and ability to objectively coach managers and employees through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
• Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, regulation or government law
• Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Proven knowledge and experience using the operations/distribution modules of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems
• Demonstrates proficient presentation skills
• Proven experience and demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality
• Demonstrates effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
• Demonstrates superior organizational, time management and follow up skills
• Must be team oriented, possess a positive attitude and collaborate effectively with others to achieve goals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Demonstrates a proven track record in effectively managing tasks and priorities for overlapping projects and meeting deadlines in a consistent, complete, accurate and timely manner
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
You’ll be part of a people-centric culture, where your well-being matters. Our comprehensive package offers standard benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, plus unique benefits such as our onsite health clinic and our incredible dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 6%. At our HQ, there’s an on-site preschool, restaurant and where you can get active or enjoy our regular team get-togethers.
We also offer:
• Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
• On-site restaurant, café, pre-school, fitness/social area, employee gardens and more.
• Health and Wellness program and on-site facilities, company commitment to sustainable growth
PEOPLE ARE AT OUR HEART
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a global one stop shop for spare parts and accessories for forklift trucks, industrial equipment, and agricultural machinery.
Our 4600 colleagues are the strength, heart and soul of TVH. We are a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued, and innovation takes center stage.
> APPLY NOW!
Loving mom / Creative mind / Goal Seeker / Receiver
Friends would probably describe me as loving, caring and witty. But also as determined. I have a personal goal every day. And whatever goal I set, I make it. Even when I run into challenges.
TVH really helped me grow as a person, as far as wanting more for myself. And thanks to daycare, my little girl is always nearby. That means a lot to me.