As a Data Architect you will lead and drive the build of the data architecture and data modeling standards within a new application landscape at TVH. By designing the best fit architecture that supports the TVH business vision you also coordinate, guide and advise on the implementation roadmap.
- Develop an enterprise data architecture framework that can be used as guidance for the different (master) data domains, having a good end-to-end view on the data flows on a global level.
- Create new data models and flows to meet requirements from the different end-to-end streams, based on our enterprise data architecture framework .
- Transform as-is data models and flows into new and improved models based on requirements defined by different end-to-end global process owners, in line with our framework. Ensure continuous improvement after installment of new/improved models.
- Support in technology solution selection and lead the set-up and implementation of Data management platforms (eg. Data catalogs, DQ tools, MDM Hub,…) in order to gain a firm grip on the data models and flows.
- Enable effective data and analytics governance: Suggest who can take which actions with which information, and under which circumstances. Assist data and analytics leaders, business and IT leadership in developing information governance processes and structures.
- Decide on Data & Analytics strategy in line with the data management strategy: You will partner with business & IT leadership and provide strategic recommendations to maximize the value of information assets within their lifecycle.
- Manage risk: you aid in the definition of data classifications and data zoning to allow information assets to be immediately identified and proactively managed as more information becomes federated in a digital economy.
- Be part of the TVH Architecture Board to secure a solid IT and Data foundation that’s being created by phasing out legacy applications and implementing the brand new target architecture
- Leading in creating more data awareness, ensures that data is addressed within the change processes of IT and Business
- Coordinate and advise key stakeholders on data modeling standards
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Desired education level: Master degree (computer science, commercial engineering or related field) or equivalent by experience
- Desired years of experience: minimum 6 years of relevant experience in business & data architecture
- The ability to translate conceptual use cases to practical solutions
- Experience with designing and defining roadmaps on strategical, tactical and operational level, with a clear long-term (“bigger picture”) end in mind.
- Experience with working in medium to large global organizations, driving key implementation/transformation data projects
- Experience with TOGAF and DAMA DMBOK is considered an added value
- Experience with managing outsourcing partners is a big plus
- Excellent collaboration skills & able to engage with multiple business, technical stakeholders (both internal and external) and senior management
- Excellent communication-, people- & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and make critical decisions
- Unbiased towards specific technologies or vendors
But don’t just take our word for it
Family man / Kendoka / Foodie / Data domain expert
Every new project brings new challenges, learnings and opportunities to grow. That fits in with my general curiosity. I want to know all about discoveries, inventions and technology for example. And learning new languages helps me to connect with people across cultures throughout TVH.