- Guiding, supporting, and following up the internal employees during the execution of their assignment, as well as actively participating yourself if necessary, in order to guarantee the progress of accounting payment processes
- Performing complex accounting activities and assisting the Regional Manager and HQ in order to be able to guarantee a correct accounting that is on time and in accordance with the law
- Being the first point of contact for all local financial matters, also those more broadly related to finance such as insurance, investments, compliance, reporting & controlling
- Responsibility for the day-to-day organization of the activities of the members of the team so that the agreed planning is observed
- Coaching and developing the employees in order to develop and make optimal use of their competences, skills and knowledge and to operate as a well-functioning team
- Constructively communicating with and motivating employees, as well as stimulating a good collaboration with other departments/teams/sister companies, so that a positive work climate reigns with a high employee satisfaction
- Gathering, processing and interpreting relevant details that are related to the activities of the team and reporting about this information to the Regional Manager & Finance Director, in order to ensure an optimal management
- Continuous personal development, both in terms of knowledge of the own field and in terms of managerial skills, in order to strengthen his/her credibility as Finance Manager
- Performing the financial part of the HR function in order to make sure all wages are paid correctly, commissions are calculated correctly and taxes due are paid on time. Making sure all staff files are correctly archived and payroll accounting is performed on time and in accordance with the law
- Coordinating the day-to-day contact as well as managing the long-term relationship with external supplier such as the auditor, banks, government institutions, customers and tax consultants in order to make sure that the company complies with the rules and regulations and that the external party can deliver the requested reports / outputs
- Actively creating financial analyses and KPIs and using the insights gained through this
- other tasks carried out by the Finance team to guide, steer & consult with the Regional Manager as well as shape and influence the future of the region / area of responsibility
- Desired education level: Bachelor or Master (Accountancy & Tax system, Applied Economics, accounting, finance or comparable)
- Thorough accounting and tax knowledge
- Knowledge of financial processes and topics such as insurance, CAPEX, cash, P&L etc.
- Prior knowledge of Intrastat is required
- Prior knowledge of accounting programs (e.g. ASW) is required
- Prior knowledge of payment programs (e.g. Isabel is required)
- Prior Leadership experience is required
- Fluent English
- Desired years of experience: minimum 7 years of relevant experience (accounting firm or equivalent function) of which at least 3 years in a leadership function
- Asset: Recognised as ACCA, CIMA, CPA or comparable accounting certification
- An exciting opportunity in an international company where people are key.
- A dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are appreciated.
- An innovative, progressive and technical environment.