We are seeking an experienced and driven individual to join our organization as the Global Head of Category Management. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of global category managers to ensure the growth of our wide range of product categories in line with strategic plan and budget. In this role strong cross functional collaboration and stakeholder management is key as success of our product categories is depending on different initiatives throughout different functions within our organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in category management, people management, and the ability to lead and motivate teams across multiple cultures. You will have the opportunity to further enhance the operating model for cross functional alignment to achieve sustainable results for our product categories.
Your role and responsibilities
- Lead a team of global category managers to ensure that they deliver on their targets and develop global strategies for their respective product categories.
- Coach and mentor the category managers to improve their performance, provide guidance, and support their professional growth.
- Develop and implement global category management processes and best practices to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and increase productivity.
- Provide thought leadership in category management, translating theoretical models into practical applications, and sharing your extensive expertise with others.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategies for product categories, ensuring alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Work effectively with team members from different cultures, demonstrating cultural sensitivity, and adapting your communication and working style as necessary.
- Analyze market trends and customer needs to identify new business opportunities, and provide input to product development teams on new product features and functionality.
- Provide regular reports on performance against targets, category trends, and market developments to senior management.
How to succeed/ Your profile
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in category management or related field, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and identify trends and insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and motivate teams across multiple cultures and geographies.
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to organize and moderate productive cross functional cornerstone meetings.
- Strong people leadership skills, with the ability to coach, mentor, and develop others.
- Knowledge of global market trends and customer needs in the product categories relevant to the organization.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
If you are an experienced category management professional with strong leadership skills and a passion for driving business results, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as our Global Head of Category Management.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance.
- Lots of support and an encouraging team of co-workers.
- An infectious ‘We Are One’ can-do mentality.
- A people-centric culture where your fitness and mental well-being matter.
- Hybrid work schedule
- Opportunities for professional development, including access to LinkedIn Learning and many in-house/external training courses
People are at our heart
TVH is a global business with a family atmosphere, where people are at the center. We value clarity, mutual respect, kindness and open communication. Our people are down-to-earth, easy to work and engage with. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas.
TVH is a parts specialist for quality parts and accessories for material handling, industrial vehicles, and construction and
agricultural equipment. Working at TVH is opting for a company that excels as an international market leader and is well-
known for its unstoppable craving for innovation.
This vacancy runs in exclusive coöperation with the agency Schelstraete. Applications may be sent directly to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Father / Basketball Player and Coach / Golfer / Product Development
I love the trust, the people and the culture at TVH. We are all on the same mission and we help each other get there. And everyone’s opinion matters in this story. The people really make the difference over here.
GAMER / HIKER / HELPING FRIEND
I always try to be optimistic. A positive attitude makes all the difference. In my role I liaise a lot with colleagues from sales to warehouse and all in-between. Being able to help them is why I love my job.